A man, identified like Sonda Cortés, partner from Oscar Pérez, sent a photographic record to former deputy Wilmer Azuaje with more of 400 pictures about what happened in the Junquito (Caracas, Venezuela) on January 18, 2018 when officers from Venezuelan State murdered the pilot Oscar Pérez and his group that rebelled against Nicolás Maduro. It was a massacre.
According to the newspaper El Mundo, Azuaje and current deputy Franco Casella (head of Human Rights Commission from National Assembly in Venezuela) delivered to the International Court of Justice in La Haya the whole photographic record, videos and reports as an evidence that Oscar Pérez expressed a desire to surrender and was murdered. “What happened with them was an extrajudicial killing”.
Cortés, who was an Oscar’s Pérez partner in the Cicpc (the investigation police in Venezuela) collected all the evidence and decided sent the crude images to the deputy Azuaje because he believed that in Venezuela the truth would not respect.
These are the keys why Oscar´s Perez case made noise in the International Court of Justice:
- On March 15, 2019, Luisa Ortega Díaz, Venezuela’s former attorney general, published two pictures of Oscar’s Pérez corpse with a least twelve-gun shots, including a lethal one in his hind head. Over 300 pictures will prove that Venezuela State committed crime against humanity.
- On June 10, 2019, Wilmer Azuaje gave to Oscar’s Perez mother, Arminta Pérez, the evidence of massacre in El Junquito. When she received the images, the first thing she said was that she would give the evidence to International Court “for justice to be done”.
- According to sources consulted by El Pitazo, the officer who gave the evidence was in the place of the massacre, minutes before that the DGCIM (intelligence police) close the site and demolish the house at the next day.
- Pictures revealed that the dead bodies were dragged from the original place of death.
- Photos show that guns were manipulated.
- In February 2019, Sondas Cortes fled to Colombia. He contacted former deputy Wilmer Azuaje who put in touch with the attorney Luisa Ortega Díaz. That’s why she had access to the photos at the first time. Together with the attorney Zair Mudaray they made a first impeachment in the International Court.
- Attorney Zair Mudaray declared that all the pictures are now evidence in the International Court of Justice.